Brian McLaren has a new book coming out shortly and Spencer Burke’s already talking to him about it…
In the book, A New Kind of Christianity, Brian lays out 10 questions people seem to be wrestling with universally.
The questions include:
- The Narrative Question: What Is the Overarching Storyline of the Bible?
- The Authority Question: How Should the Bible Be Understood?
- The God Question: Is God Violent?
- The Jesus Question: Who is Jesus and Why is He Important?
- The Gospel Question: What Is the Gospel?
- The Church Question: What Do We Do About the Church?
- The Sex Question: Can We Find a Way to Address Sexuality Without Fighting About It?
- The Future Question: Can We Find a Better Way of View the Future?
- The Pluralism Question: How Should Followers of Jesus Relate to People of Other Religions?
- The What Do We Do Now Question: How Can We Translate Our Quest into Action?
I’ve always been impressed with McLaren’s generosity and graciousness — can’t wait to read his take on these questions — regardless of whether I agree with his answers or not.
And I love this:
“Questions can bring you on a new quest. Statements can bring you to a new state, and in the process they can create a lot of debate and sometimes that creates hate. We’ve got plenty of hate and debate. But questions can lead you on a new quest, which lead you into conversation, which can produce friendship.” – Brian McLaren
The book drops Feb. 9 — and you can pre-order it now on Amazon: A New Kind of Christianity: Ten Questions That Are Transforming the Faith